Wednesday, December 15, 2010

This is a message for you, Papa, I hope somewhere up there in heaven you can read this.

Papa - it has been quite a year since that tragic day that you were taken away so suddenly and you moved on to a peaceful place. You were always the cornerstone for us and I miss you not being here. I wish I could have learnt a lot of things from you.  Your kind, gentle soul and your vast wealth of knowledge continues to be with me and helps me get through life each and every day. Thank you for ALWAYS making me feel special and ALWAYS taking time for me no matter what. I remember how you used to tell me "everything will be ok" when I felt low. I remember how your arms held me and gave me strength whenever I need it right from the time I took my first steps. You were always there to listen, love, and defend me in everything. In my triumphs you were always proud. I’m very grateful and proud to call you my Papa.

I never thought I would say good bye, I somehow thought you would live forever. If only I could turn back the time I would have never let you go. In retrospect, I say that I will never say goodbye to you Papa, because I know this is not the end for us of seeing each other. You have gone to a place where there’s neither pain nor suffering. But I know you are watching me always, wishing me well and I take great strength and inspiration from the fact that you will always be there for me no matter what. You will be there for me, as you have always been. Oh how I wished it was in person. 

Thank you Papa…. For always understanding, listening, caring, and loving me for all of your life; yesterday, today and tomorrow.
I make this promise today despite the irreparable dent you have left in our lives, an emptiness which can never be filled, I will be the girl you aspired me to be, in every possible way. I know, as I write this, you are with me, around me, wishing me well always. I love you papa to bits, and would do anything to have you back here with us all right now. Your memories still surrounds me and all I can do is cry.  Though I portray myself to others as a strong girl and act tough, I don’t think I can ever get over the fact that you are gone.

Not only do I miss you today, but I miss you every single day since you left. I love you Papa - You're The Best!!!!

Rest in peace Papa. I can't stop missing you .....more than I can say.

2 comments:

Meghna said...

i know how it feels when u dont have one of ur parents with u...!!!

Naina said...

Dad nt nly plays d role of a father in a gals life bt he is her first hero ...no one can ever take dad's place in our life..